Friday, December 25, 2015

Arsenal Invites Osimhen For Trial

Arsenal Invites Osimhen For Trial



The young Nigerian Footballer Victor oshimen, the starlet who made his mark at the U-17 world cup earlier this year, he scored 10 goals in seven games, his contributions helped the Golden Eagles win the tournament, whiloe he was awarded the highest goal scorer of the tournament.

He has been invited to Arsenal Fc for a trial. I am not in a hurry, says U-17 World Cup star

Speaking to footballlive.ng, Osimhen revealed that he has already received a substantial offer from Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg, but remains hopeful that Arsenal will also make an official bid shortly.

“I spoke with the Wolfsburg coach, who also made several promises and if I eventually choose to sign for them, I hope they’ll keep their word,” he said.

But I have not decided where to go yet because Arsenal are also showing strong interests and perhaps after my visit to the club, I will have a clear view of where I want to go.”
Osimhen, who said he is not rushing to decide his club future, currently plays for Ultimate Strikers in Lagos.
The lad, who turns 17 on December 29, told BBC Sport that “the trip to Wolfsburg was interesting and I’ll be visiting Arsenal too, but I am not in a rush.”

Football sides are not allowed to sign any foreign players under the age of 18 unless both team and player are from an EU country (or are less than 100km apart across an international border) or the player’s parents move to that country for non-football reasons.

“I know I cannot sign a contract with any club right now but the trip to Germany and hopefully to England gives me a great opportunity to see things clearly.

It is important not to get carried away and luckily I have my family and managers to guide me through every step when the time comes.”

Under current Fifa regulations, Osimhen is not able to sign for a European club until his 18th birthday.

“It’s easy to hear different views from people about what they think is good for my career and I really appreciate that.

“But I still have time to decide and I want to make the right choice that will create the paths to fulfil my potential and achieve bigger things in the future.”
Osimhen was also part of the Nigeria side that won the Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal in November, which also saw them qualify for the Rio Olympics next year.
He has been nominated for the 2015 Confederation of African Football Youth Player of the Year award.



source: guardian ng

No comments: